Saturday, June 30, 2012

Roadtrip!

The day is here to move and it seems so surreal. Perhaps it is because I've been thinking about this day for a few months now, or maybe it is the fact that the last 24 hours have been quite a whirlwind (literally).

Over 300,000 people in Ohio are without power because of a raging storm that hit around 5 pm last night.  I have been counting my blessings that I had much of my packing done this week before I lost power, so I was able to do what little packing was needed by candlelight.  My friend Jillien and I packed my car awesomely, though most credit goes to Jillien and her beastly arms. :)


I hope that the people without power are able to find ways to get out of the heat and be a little comfortable.  The AEP website said that it would take about 5-6 days to restore power to everyone in Ohio.  I am praying for everyone I know and don't know that has been affected by this storm.

Today we drive to St. Louis to stay with family friends! Let's pray for sunny weather and clear roads along the way.

So many goodbyes have been said this past week, it seems as if I will never be done saying goodbye to all of the people that I love here in Ohio.  I can feel the stress of these goodbyes in my neck and back (where I carry my worries).  I know that it is a wonderful thing that I have so many people that care for me and that I love here; I really have created a home here in Columbus.  I will miss it very much and will carry Ohio with me in my heart.  But now it's time to move into uncharted territory for me: seminary, the West Coast, and the Bay Area, and an independent me.  Thank you all for your love and support during this time; your encouragement has helped me remember why I am making this big move.  I want to learn the ministry of God and how it works in our lives in order to help people in this world the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment