Thursday, March 14, 2013

Avocado+Oatmeal.

I'm currently wearing an avocado and oatmeal clay face mask on my face and letting it dry before I wash it off.  Before that, I rubbed a strawberry all over my face (did you know that fruits, such as kiwis, pears, apples, and strawberries are some of the best exfoliates for your skin because of their citric acid? awesome!).  This is the first face mask that I'm donning and I feel as if I'm an 8th grade girl at a sleepover.

It's times like these that I am astonished at who I am today vs. the person I was even just 9 months ago.

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I think: Woah! Who is that?

Short, cropped hair that occasionally finds itself stylish in a decidedly hipster fashion.

A body that gets up at 7am to go for a run.

A left shoulder blade that is adorned with a tattoo.

This person looks dramatically different from the person that I saw in the mirror 7 months ago.

This person looks bold, daring, and adventurous.

Maybe it's because I am.

It's funny because 7 months ago, I felt bold, daring, and adventurous as I moved here.

Now, I'm still trying to live up to this new identity of Berkeley-ite, runner, pacifist and pixie cut wearing feminist.  Oh, and did I mention seminarian?

Life changes.  I keep thinking, "They told said that the first year of seminary would be heart-wrenching and topsy-turvy. Keep on going."

Always fully broken, always fully whole.  Wholly broken, broken wholly.

The mask is dry--time to wash off this reminiscence time.

No comments:

Post a Comment