Monday, February 4, 2013

Oh, Berkeley, take me in.

Oh, Berkeley, Berkeley, take me in.  Are you aware the shape I'm in? My hands, they shake, and my head, it spins.  Oh Berkeley, Berkeley take me in.

That's my own rendition of the Avett Brothers (they use Brooklyn but hey, it's a B city so it's close enough).  With these words, I am reminded of how immersed I am in the Bay Area and how amazing it is that my life has changed so much; I felt unsure 8 months ago about how this whole move to the West and begin seminary would go.  But here I am, enveloped in coffeeshop life, the student schedule, and enjoying time with new good friends.

Today is the beginning of the spring semester; it began with a run and plenty of peppy music. :)

The past week and a half have been full of best friend time; it was great to have Jillien visit Berkeley and meet my new family of friends here.  Highlights include: a game night with a bunch of PLTSers and my brother, gourmet mac and cheese at Homeroom in Oakland, Jillien calling me out as Hufflepuff (to which I literally cried), and a valentines making party.

Then I headed to the Midwest to the Lutheran Mecca aka Minnesota!  I hadn't seen Kelsey in a year and a half, so it was wonderful to be with her again.  Highlights of that trip include: the Mall of America, taking a walk in below 20 degree weather, free tacos and penny beers at the bars I went to, and cuddle time with my one and only Kelsey.

My heart is full of love, my mind has plenty to think about, and I have a paper due tonight at midnight.  Cheers to a new semester and a busy schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment